Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome

Hello,
My name is Charlene Chambers and currently live in Florida but am trying to sell my home and move back to New England. I have 2 adult daughters and 2 grandchildren which are the loves of my life. I am earning my BS degree in Health and Wellness in order to build a career helping children and families. I hope to have my own business someday where I can help people revamp their lives through nutrition and general wellness so they can achieve their best overall health possible. I just want to share my knowledge with others and help people who desire change for the better. In this day and age the basic's of life get put on the back burner because of the constant rush of society. We forget to slow down and take time to enjoy life, the problems and issues will be there tomorrow but we tend to forget that life may not so priorities, like family and quality time have to come first. As I get older I see this philosophy more clearly and know that quality of life is much more important than quantity because we cannot always control the quantity but quality we can certainly make a priority.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Charlene,

    I could not agree with your post more! You see, December 15th, 2008, was the most horrible day for me thus far because my mother died. It was a sudden onset of illness and lasted for 3 days before she took her final breath. I was truly lost and did not know how I would make it without her.

    However, afterwards and after the beginning of the new year, I saw a commercial for Kaplan and signed up and now here I am, in my last term.

    We truly never know when we or our loved ones are going to be taken away and when it is sudden, I must say it truly is not the easiest thing to have to deal with.

    I have 2 children as well and as they age, hanging out with mom seems to not be on their list of priorities unfortunately but I do have a night set aside to watch movies, play games, or just simply talk and see what is going on with them and if they need/want my advice on anything going on in their lives. :)

    Good luck to you on your journey and sorry for pouring myself out but I felt that it went along with what you were talking about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever be sorry for "pouring yourself out" to me, it is good to do we all need that release and recognition. I am happy you felt you could! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete