Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time

In the world today we tend to forget about the meaning of Christmas, the fact that it is about love, salvation, giving of yourself and not just gifts. It seems we get so wrapped up in our own problems and how we're going to buy those expensive presents to try and please others, we lose ourselves and forget about others that have less.
Sometimes we need to take stock in what we do have, it may not be much, or it may be a lot, but wealth and happiness is not measured in the presents under the tree, or our bank accounts. Happiness is measured by what's in our heart and the love we give and get; so rich is the person with love in their life, love of family and friends. So rich is the person who can leave this world knowing that love and knowing they shared that love with others.
We leave this world as we came in, with nothing but hope, faith, and love, you can't take possessions with you just an inner peace of self and how you lived your life. So live the best life you can it doesn't have to be a huge boundless life it can be a small family life as long as it is done with joy and love and lessons learned, true happiness will follow.

I know this time of year seems to bring tragedy to many lives and is amplified because of the season. So I would like to mention a few that I have heard about the past couple of days and hope if you read this you will send out good thoughts and prayers for these people and all who are in need.

First is for my new friend Jen who is facing another Christmas after great loss but is doing it with grace and good spirit. Things will get better.

Second is for Jen's best friends mother who faces illness this year, give hope that she will be okay.

Third is for a woman I know that has survived lung cancer, lost her husband this month last year to lung and brain cancer, and had her house burn down last night. Sometimes when we feel bad about our own lives look around and see the struggle others have to face and take a minute to send love and compassion to those who need it more.

This year is coming to a close and yet my own journey is just beginning because I am starting to look at things and life through different eyes. Events in my life as well as the things I am learning are bringing me down a new path, one I hope that brings the happiness I seek so I can share it with others.
So this Christmas morning when all the craziness of the season is done take a moment to think of others and send out good thoughts and prayers to them. I will be up early that morning, as I always am, I will turn the tree on, get my coffee, and sit there in the quiet of the day and think about the happy memories I have and mourn what I have lost to never have again. But this time I will take stock in the now and know that I am not done with life as life is not done with me. I will realize the peace I am coming to know inside myself and smile, knowing that this life is just a beginning, a trial run at what is to come. I know there is more after this life and I smile because there lies true hope, faith, and love.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment